The stuff our lawyers like.
Updated: December 17, 2021
Yellow Card understands the importance of privacy for our users and only collects the information which is necessary. Your information is only shared with our third-party affiliates when necessary or/and in direct relation to your transaction. Within Yellow Card, access to information is limited to only Yellow Card Employees who require such information for matters related to compliance, customer support, and verification. Yellow Card will NEVER sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide.
We collect the information you provide to us directly when you use Yellow Card Site and our Services. This information we may collect directly from you includes, but is not limited to, your name, email, phone number, date of birth, address, password, digital currency public key, document scans, government identification number, etc.
If you wish to link a bank account or other payment method, Yellow Card may collect your account number, routing number, bank card number, IBAN no. or other related account information. As Yellow Card expands to add additional services and features, you may be requested to provide additional information. When we deem it necessary for verification, legal purposes, or other reasons, Yellow Card may prompt you to provide additional contact information, biographic information, identity number or government-issued information including tax ID number, or financial information.
Collection of Data
Our site uses technologies of third-party partners to help us recognize your device and understand how you use our site(s) so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and share with you advertisements about the [products and/or services] that are likely to be of more interest to you. Specifically, these partners collect information about your activity on our site(s) to enable us to:
- measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our site(s);
Our partners may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason, you can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising:
- The NAI's opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA's opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA's opt-out platform: http://optoutaboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
When you use “Yellow Card Site” and “Services”, the following information is collected automatically:
With your permission, Yellow Card may collect your precise geolocation information and device location in order to offer you location-based services, such as a map of Yellow Card retailers in your area.
Yellow Card collects information about your transactions and payment activity on Yellow Card Site and Services, including the amount, time, date, recipient wallet, and type of trade.
Yellow Card collects information about the device you use to access Yellow Card Site and Services, including language, type of device, operating system, mobile phone number, mobile network, and other device identifiers. Yellow Card also logs information about your activity on Yellow Card Site and Services, such as access times, pages viewed, other pages visited, and IP address.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies are temporary and expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until they expire or you erase them.
You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but removing or disabling cookies may interfere with your use and the functionality of the Yellow Card Site and Services. Please refer to the help section of your browser or browser add-on for instructions and additional information on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
Information from Third-Parties.
Yellow Card may collect information on you from third-party services, including, but not limited to, nonpublic personal information from identity verification sources or public databases.
USE OF INFORMATION
Information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- Improve and provide a full range of Yellow Card Site and Services;
- Provide information, such as customer service, notifications, and security notices;
- To detect and prevent fraud and crime;
- To detect and prevent money laundering;
- To comply with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Send you important information, such as changes in terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Personalize, manage, and improve Yellow Card Site and Services;
- Combine your information with information obtained from elsewhere and others in order to help Yellow Card understand and improve your needs and personalize and improve Yellow Card Site and Services and our advertising efforts;
- Verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, secure your personal information, and in order to prevent fraud and illegal or unauthorized activity, enforce our user agreements, and comply with laws and regulations in the Country where the transaction took place;
- For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing Yellow Card Site and Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshooting problems;
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests;
- Direct marketing and promotional offers on behalf of Yellow Card,its partners and associates, including via SMS and email; and
- Fulfil any other purpose for which the information was collected. Yellow Card will never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. We will only use or share your information according to the terms of this Policy, and for Yellow Card own information processing.
PROTECTION & STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Protection and security of your personal information is important to us. Yellow Card protects your information, including any non-public personal information that can be used to identify you, such as your government-issued ID number, by using reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures. This includes limiting access of your information to employees with only information they need to know to reduce the risks of alteration, disclosure, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. All of our procedural safeguards are designed to comply with generally accepted standards, applicable laws and regulations. Yellow Card will store and protect your information securely during and after the life of your Yellow Card account in compliance with our legal obligations and policy. If you have any questions or concerns about our security measures, you may contact us through our Support Page.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Yellow Card may share the information we collect from you in the following ways.
- Yellow Card will sometimes need to share your information with third-party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud and confirm the validity of the information provided against public records. By using Yellow Card Site and Services, you acknowledge and consent that these service providers may retain and use your information to perform services for Yellow Card and improve their own services, solely related to identity verification and fraud prevention services.
- Yellow Card may need to share your information to complete a routine third-party financial, legal, or technical audit of Yellow Card's operations.
- Yellow Card may need to share your information with local and foreign law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or other legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to prevent any physical harm, financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate potential violations of our User Agreement.
- Apart from the above, we will only share your information with other third parties with your direct consent or direction to do so, unless we are lawfully permitted to do so without your consent.
- Yellow Card may also share, with affiliates or non-affiliated third parties, anonymized, de-identified information which cannot be reasonably used to identify you.
TRANSBORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal data from the country where it was collected to any third party in a foreign country that may not have data protection laws similar to those of the country of collection, for cloud storage purposes or for any other legitimate purpose.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN UNDER 18
You must be at least Eighteen (18) years old to use Yellow Card Site and Services. Yellow Card does not intentionally collect any information from or about any individual under the age of 18.
HOW TO ACCESS AND EDIT YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, review, and edit your personal information from the Settings or Account page after you log in to your Yellow Card account. If you are unable to edit the information from your account, please contact us through our Support Page for assistance. If you close your Yellow Card account, we will retain your account information in our databases for the required number of years to comply with the various laws and financial service regulations governing Yellow Card.
Indemnity & Limitation of Liability
By Approving and accepting the terms and conditions of this policy, User shall hold harmless Yellow Card, its promoters, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, sub-contractors and other representatives from any claims, demands, liabilities, suits, proceedings, penalties, costs or expenses of any kind (including, attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with:
(i) Sharing any information with Third Parties;
(ii) breach of any obligation, terms, representation, warranties and covenants under this Agreement;
(iii) breach of confidentiality obligations under this Agreement and/or
This provision shall survive the expiration or termination of the relationship of the User with Yellow Card for any reason.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary elsewhere contained in this policy, Yellow Card, in any event, regardless of the form of claim, shall not be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, speculative or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, any loss of use, loss of data, business interruption, and loss of income or profits, irrespective of whether it had an advance notice of the possibility of any such damages.
CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS